hope this is easy, passing a url as a parameter

Danny

I am trying to pass a parameter to a cgi script, it is a URL that has its
own call to a cgi script with ? in statement.
for example

so my cgi (load.cgi) is getting confused because of the extra ? in the
statement.
my cgi redirects to the passed url

I call it like this:
www.domain.com/cgi-bin/load.cgi?url=http://www.anotherdomain.com/cgi-bin/pro
ducts.cgi?search=volvo

what do I do to get that entire url, right now it is stopping at the other ?

Thanks in advance

gnari

Danny said:
Thanks

but an initial call with this long url is always made from my index.html,
how can I encode a URL in an HTML page?

thats where the FAQ code can be handy.
just make a short script that encodes our urls, and
paste them into your html.
or have your whole html file generated by this script.
or just use a oneliner:
perl -ple '$_="text to encode";s/([^\w()\'*~!.-])/sprintf "%%%02x", ord
$1/eg'

gnari