    how about

    LAMRP
    XAMRPP

    SpringFlowers AutumnMoon, Sep 28, 2007

  2. SpringFlowers AutumnMoon

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:17:42AM +0900, SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
    > i am hoping ERb will become the scripting language of choice when it
    > comes to server-side scripting...

    I think you mean Ruby would be the language of choice, using some eRuby
    implementation -- possibly ERB. I'd like to see Ruby supplant PHP via
    some mechanism that supports markup-embedded templating the way eRuby
    does, too.

    W. Somerset Maugham: "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for
    wit."

    Chad Perrin, Sep 28, 2007

  3. SpringFlowers AutumnMoon

    John Joyce Guest

    On Sep 28, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:

    > On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:17:42AM +0900, SpringFlowers AutumnMoon
    > wrote:
    >> i am hoping ERb will become the scripting language of choice when it
    >> comes to server-side scripting...

    > I think you mean Ruby would be the language of choice, using some
    > eRuby
    > implementation -- possibly ERB. I'd like to see Ruby supplant PHP via
    > some mechanism that supports markup-embedded templating the way eRuby
    > does, too.

    Me too.
    But I think eRuby implementations need to match the features of at
    least PHP in terms of the ease of embedding.
    Unfortunately for us, right now, just sprinkling little bits of Ruby
    on a web page is not nearly as easy nor as reliable as doing so with
    PHP. I hate to admit it, but it's true.

    Already there is lots of growth in Rails learning out there, which
    does use Ruby. But it is only one paradigm. It would be nice if a big
    company would implement Ruby-based stuff (other than MS with
    IronRuby). It could be very interesting to see another approach
    different from Rails.

    I don't dislike Rails, I just wish there were more options.

    John Joyce, Sep 28, 2007