    my code is in java,when i am downloading a page on clicking a link i
    need to show the user that the page is getting downloaded .

    can anyone suggest me on this.

    raj, Mar 10, 2008

  2. raj

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    raj wrote:
    > While system is processing, how to display a "processing" symbol
    > (e.g. like an hour-glass symbol in Windows), so that the User knows
    > the System is processing the user's request
    >
    > my code is in java,when i am downloading a page on clicking a link i
    > need to show the user that the page is getting downloaded .
    >
    > can anyone suggest me on this.

    Describes some techniques:
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/progress.html>

    Jeff Higgins, Mar 10, 2008

  3. raj wrote:
    > While system is processing, how to display a "processing" symbol
    > (e.g. like an hour-glass symbol in Windows), so that the User knows
    > the System is processing the user's request
    >
    > my code is in java,when i am downloading a page on clicking a link i
    > need to show the user that the page is getting downloaded .
    >
    > can anyone suggest me on this.

    I've used this ...
    component.setCursor(Cursor.getPredefinedCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR));
    component.setCursor(null);
    where component might be your top-level JFrame for example.

    I encapsulated this in a class that keeps track of busy threads so that
    I can manage cursor state for a JFrame depending on the state of
    multiple overlapping (in time) busy threads.

    You can of course have different cursors for different areas of your GUI
    by using setCursor on separate components or containers.

    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 10, 2008
  4. raj

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:10:27 -0700 (PDT), raj <>

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cursor.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary