    turns into a line (!?????).

    Thanks for any advice or tips in advance,

    Eric
    some dude somewhere, Oct 17, 2003

  2. some dude somewhere

    bengee Guest

    some dude somewhere wrote:
    > http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html
    >
    > The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View it
    > in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!
    >
    > It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
    > turns into a line (!?????).

    Change your CSS to this :-

    a links { font-family: Courier, Courier-new; font-size: 2; color:
    #66FF00; text-decoration:none;}
    a links:hover {color:#66FF00; background-color:#66FF00;}

    bengee
    bengee, Oct 17, 2003

  3. some dude somewhere

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Sitting in an ivory tower, some dude somewhere wrote:

    > http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html
    >
    > The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View
    > it in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!
    >
    > It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
    > turns into a line (!?????).
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    You are missing the unit type for the font-size in your CSS. Also, you
    appear to be assuming that CSS uses the same font size scheme as the
    deprecated FONT element; it does not.

    The reason that Mozilla displays a line is that it assumes the font size
    is in pixels (px) and thus displays a line of text 2 pixels high. IE is
    plain stupid and assumes something entirely different resulting in
    readable text!

    Try changing your CSS to read:
    .links {
    font-family: Courier, Courier-new;
    font-size: 90%;
    color: #66FF00;
    text-decoration:none;
    }
    .links:hover {
    color:#66FF00;
    background-color:#66FF00;
    }

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
    Dylan Parry, Oct 17, 2003
  4. some dude somewhere pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html
    >
    > The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View it
    > in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!
    >
    > It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
    > turns into a line (!?????).
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice or tips in advance,

    Your CSS:

    <!--
    ..links { font-family: Courier, Courier-new; font-size: 2; color: #66FF00;
    text-decoration:none;}
    ..links:hover {color:#66FF00; background-color:#66FF00;}
    -->

    font-family words with spaces need enclosed in quotes. The font is
    "Courier New".

    font-size: 2 2 what? pixels? cigars?

    I would recommend:

    ..links {
    font-family: "Courier New", serif;
    font-size: 100%;
    color: #66FF00; }

    Technically, the font size is redundant unless you want to vary them from
    your body size, in which case use, example: font-size: 125%;

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 17, 2003