How can I delete the line?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by hurryon, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. hurryon

    hurryon Guest

    hurryon, Feb 2, 2006

  2. "hurryon" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello. This is Jong-Hyouk. I am a perl beginner. Today I wrote a wrong
    > perl program. I wanted to get the html file and then process some text
    > but it doesn't work well. I just want to print the article in the html
    > file.
    >
    > Please, give me the best answer. The problem codes was shown
    >
    > http://www.hurryon.org/index.php/hurryon/2006-02#5edefd248a68b15b986b51ac8c23bbd6

    Unless this is a concious effort to drive traffic to your web site, it
    is a very bad way to seek help with your problem.

    Please read the posting guidelines for this newsgroup.

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 2, 2006

  3. hurryon

    hurryon Guest

    Oops, I made a mistake. Sorry...so I deleted my article but the url has
    been yet because of your article. Could you deleted your article.
    Anyway, thanks.

    hurryon, Feb 2, 2006
  4. hurryon wrote:

    [See subject]

    perldoc -q "delete a line":

    "How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file[...]?"

    > Hello. This is Jong-Hyouk. I am a perl beginner. Today I wrote a wrong
    > perl program. I wanted to get the html file and then process some text
    > but it doesn't work well.

    Are you trying to parse HTML by any chance? Then please see "perldoc -q
    HTML":
    " How do I remove HTML from a string?"
    and the gazillions of previous postings about this topic.

    > I just want to print the article in the html
    > file.

    No idea what you mean by this.

    > Please, give me the best answer. The problem codes was shown

    [URL snipped]

    Is there a specific reason why you don't post a minimal sample program that
    exhibits the problem?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 2, 2006
  5. "hurryon" <> wrote in news:1138891912.987670.192270
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Oops, I made a mistake. Sorry...so I deleted my article but the url has
    > been yet because of your article. Could you deleted your article.

    Come again?

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 2, 2006
  6. hurryon

    Joe Smith Guest

    hurryon wrote:
    > Oops, I made a mistake. Sorry...so I deleted my article but the url has
    > been yet because of your article. Could you deleted your article.

    Your article did not get deleted from the server I'm using (giganews),
    so it does not make any difference if A. Sinan Unur cancels his
    article. The URL you posted will be archived more-or-less forever.

    -Joe

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    # Purpose: Extracts just the text portions of an HTML document.
    use strict; use warnings;
    use HTML::parser ();
    sub text_handler { print @_; } # Ordinary text

    my $p = HTML::parser->new(api_version => 3);
    $p->handler( text => \&text_handler, "dtext");
    $p->parse_file(shift || "-") || die $!;

    Joe Smith, Feb 6, 2006