    have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated

    many thanks

    Rigga

    Rigga, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Rigga

    Joe Francia Guest

    Rigga wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for the best way to use Python to get a web page, look for some
    > particular fields on a form, fill in the fields and submit the form but I
    > have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > Rigga

    Here's a pretty good resource:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=python fill web forms

    --
    Soraia: http://www.soraia.com

    Joe Francia, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Rigga

    Rigga Guest

    Joe Francia wrote:

    > Rigga wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for the best way to use Python to get a web page, look for
    >> some particular fields on a form, fill in the fields and submit the form
    >> but I have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated
    >>
    >> many thanks
    >>
    >> Rigga

    > Here's a pretty good resource:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=python fill web forms

    Thanks but I already checked there and didnt come up with much

    Rigga, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Rigga

    Joe Francia Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:05:35 GMT, Rigga <> wrote:

    > Joe Francia wrote:
    >
    >> Rigga wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am looking for the best way to use Python to get a web page, look for
    >>> some particular fields on a form, fill in the fields and submit the
    >>> form
    >>> but I have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated
    >>>
    >>> many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Rigga

    >> Here's a pretty good resource:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=python fill web forms
    >>

    > Thanks but I already checked there and didnt come up with much

    Really? The second link is for ClientForm, the description of which reads:

    "ClientForm is a Python module for handling HTML forms on the client side,
    useful for parsing HTML forms, filling them in and returning the completed
    forms to the server."

    That seems to exactly fulfil your requirements. Are you sure you really
    looked?

    --
    Soraia: http://www.soraia.com/

    Joe Francia, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Rigga

    Rigga Guest

    Joe Francia wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:05:35 GMT, Rigga <> wrote:
    >
    >> Joe Francia wrote:

    >>> Here's a pretty good resource:
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?q=python fill web forms
    >>>

    >> Thanks but I already checked there and didnt come up with much

    > Really? The second link is for ClientForm, the description of which
    > reads:
    >
    > "ClientForm is a Python module for handling HTML forms on the client side,
    > useful for parsing HTML forms, filling them in and returning the completed
    > forms to the server."
    >
    > That seems to exactly fulfil your requirements. Are you sure you really
    > looked?

    Yep definately looked, but overlooked that, wasnt really looking for a
    premade routine to do it all but I can learn from that! thanks for pointing
    it out, looks like what I need

    Thanks

    Rigga, Feb 16, 2005