How can I Fill in web form and post back

Rigga

Hi,

I am looking for the best way to use Python to get a web page, look for some
particular fields on a form, fill in the fields and submit the form but I
have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated

many thanks

Rigga

Joe Francia

Thanks but I already checked there and didnt come up with much

Really? The second link is for ClientForm, the description of which reads:

"ClientForm is a Python module for handling HTML forms on the client side,
useful for parsing HTML forms, filling them in and returning the completed
forms to the server."

That seems to exactly fulfil your requirements. Are you sure you really
looked?

Rigga

Joe said:
Really? The second link is for ClientForm, the description of which
reads:

"ClientForm is a Python module for handling HTML forms on the client side,
useful for parsing HTML forms, filling them in and returning the completed
forms to the server."

That seems to exactly fulfil your requirements. Are you sure you really
looked?
Yep definately looked, but overlooked that, wasnt really looking for a
premade routine to do it all but I can learn from that! thanks for pointing
it out, looks like what I need

Thanks