How can i get info more faster with xmlhttp or any other methods?

Savas Ates

im using xmlhttp to get info from 10 different sites.. 1 site's info is
coming to me about 3 second. but when i use 10 sites it longs about 30
seconds.. how can i make it faster ... any solution or any different method
can you offer me? please help me?

Atrax

are you doing this on every request to your site, or only at a given
interval?

my site has an article entitled 'grabbing a slashdot feed from ASP'
which shows how to grab a feed only at intervals. you could stagger the
intervals at which the ten sites get scanned so that any one page hit
will only get the three second delay, I suppose.

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.1 in beta with Mozilla-compatibility.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/

Savas Ates

what is your article ... can i read it ..the xml http is running when a user
make a search.. it search about 10 sites and returns results to user. i want
to make it faster.. it was about 30 seconds. it is too long .. maybe i can
reduce it about 10 seconds or less. what can i do.. any other method or to
reduce time...

Michael D. Kersey

Savas said:
im using xmlhttp to get info from 10 different sites.. 1 site's info is
coming to me about 3 second. but when i use 10 sites it longs about 30
seconds.. how can i make it faster ... any solution or any different method
can you offer me? please help me?

Do what Atrax suggests: periodically pre-fetch the information from the
10 different sites and store that part of that information you need in:
- Application variables, or
- a database, or
- file(s).
This pre-fetch can be done by a non-ASP program (e.g., a VB program that
is scheduled to run every minute or so) or a Windows service.

When your ASP page receives a request for information, it can
_immediately_ build a response from the pre-fetched results. Your users
will experience no delay whatsoever.

Good Luck,
Michael D. Kersey