How can I hide a link?

needin4mation

Hi, I have an older webpage that uses a querystring to send data to an
asp classic page. In that link there is data that contains sensitive
information. I do not want this displayed when the user hovers over
the link. I can change the events to have window.status="", and I am
thinking I could just change from GET to POST, but the user could
always just view the source of the page to circumvent those minor
impediments.

Is there an ASP.NET 2.0 way I could hide this information? Thank you
for any ideas. I can rewrite all pages involved. I just need to fix
it.

Kevin Spencer

You need to do this right, or not bother at all. If you don't want the user
to use the link directly in the future, you don't want to use QueryString to
pass it. It will be in the HTML, even if you manage to hide it from the
status bar, the properties dialog (which is impossible) or anything else.
Post the page to the server and do a redirect.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

Hard work is a medication for which
there is no placebo.

Lau Lei Cheong

You may want to store the sensitive data in Session object, and have the
hash key(not a hash... actually, but you get the idea.) be passed in the
querystring instead.