How can I interpolate the RHS of a regex?

axel

Mr P said:
Thanks Bart, understood. I wasn't using "right side" in any formal
sense..
Turns out I can use "ee" with some other adjustments.
Merry Christmas dude!

I see that for all your claimed experience in Usenet you are still
unable to quote properly... or more likely even understand how it
works... do not use a VT240 as an excuse as I post via a terminal
window more or less emulating a VT100. And have always done so.

Axel

Brian McCauley

Mr said:
Thank-You, I actually already tried "ee", and I got a slew of errors
such as "cannot ealuate "cat".. and so on..

But perhaps the '"expression"' is needed?

Is there a better way to do this? This actually seems logcally to be
what I want to do (stuff in the string and insert the digits)..

Note: your original question is asked and answered here on average
about once every two weeks.

It is _not_ adequately answered in the FAQ.

Please see my lightning talk about the prevelance of this question from
YAPC::Europe::2004.