how can I make it work?

self.python

it's a finder using threading to accelerate but it never works..
and I have no idea why it doesn't work:(
it doesn't work too after changing threading to multiprocessing..
how can I make it work? or at least I know what's the problem...
plz help the poor newbie...

import os,threading,multiprocessing

def finder(path,q):
for x in os.walk(unicode(path)):
if x[1]:
for dirname in x[1]:
if target in dirname.lower():
q.put(os.path.join(x[0],dirname))
if x[2]:
for name in x[2]:
if target in name.lower():
q.put(os.path.join(x[0],name))

q.put(1)

def printer(q):
cmd=0
while 1:
tmp=q.get()
if tmp==1:
cmd += 1
continue
if cmd ==thnum:
break
print tmp

if __name__ =="__main__":
q=multiprocessing.JoinableQueue()
ini=os.walk(u"C:\\").next()
thnum=len(ini[1])
target=raw_input("what you wanna get\n")

p=multiprocessing.Process(target=printer,args=(q,))
p.daemon=1
p.start()

for i in xrange(thnum):
t=threading.Thread(target=finder,args=(ini[1],q,))
t.start()
print i," started"
q.join()

MRAB

it's a finder using threading to accelerate but it never works..
and I have no idea why it doesn't work:(
it doesn't work too after changing threading to multiprocessing..
how can I make it work? or at least I know what's the problem...
plz help the poor newbie...
[snip]
It would help if you gave more information than just "it doesn't work".
In what way doesn't it work?

[...]

It shows
0 started
1 started
22 started
but then it show nothing
the cursur blinks continuously
but the result never printed(maybe not produces?)

[...]

I knew what's the problem on other site.
It just because I miss to send the full path to each thread...
what an idiot..
but I'm still wondering that there is any good way

Terry Reedy

it's a finder using threading to accelerate

Threading with Python does not accelerate unless all but one of the
treads are i/o bound. You need multiple processes to use multiple cores
in parallel.