    1 1 0 0 0 0 7

    i.e., I want to get the "7" in the third line, how can I do that?

    thx!!

    FrancisC, Oct 10, 2003

  2. FrancisC

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "FrancisC" <> wrote in message
    news:bm52m9$2v8d$...
    > How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?
    >
    > EXP 0 R:\000\un\111\e00\e00noLog\1006\bdry_arc.e00
    > ARC 2
    > 1 1 0 0 0 0 7
    >
    > i.e., I want to get the "7" in the third line, how can I do that?

    Please see the replies you already got to this
    same message you posted in alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++

    And if you want to post to more than one group, crosspost,
    don't multi-post.

    Thank you.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 10, 2003

  3. FrancisC

    FrancisC Guest

    how to crosspost?

    "Mike Wahler" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:hUohb.3935$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    FrancisC, Oct 10, 2003
  4. FrancisC

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [link] How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    "FrancisC" <> wrote in message
    > how to crosspost?

    When you write your message, list all the newsgroups
    you want to post to in the 'newsgroup' field (but
    use this feature sparingly, it's rarely appropriate
    to post the same message to more than two or three
    groups).

    See www.usenet.org for more information about
    how to use Usenet effectively, including why
    not to "top-post" as you've just done. :)

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 10, 2003
  5. On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:46:13 +0800, in comp.lang.c , "FrancisC"
    <> wrote:

    >how to crosspost?

    By reading your newsreader's instruction manual. Press F1 now and type
    "crosspost" in the search box.

    Seriously, we can't help you, because its offtopic in CLC and you're
    using a different newsreader to many of us. Please don't tell us what
    it is, we know already its Outhouse Express 6.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 10, 2003
  6. FrancisC

    Guest

    [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    Hello Mark McIntyre,

    On 11-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:

    > Please don't tell us what
    > it is, we know already its Outhouse Express 6.

    How did you know?
    BTW which newsreader am I using?

    , Oct 12, 2003
  7. Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    lid <> scribbled the following:
    > Hello Mark McIntyre,

    > On 11-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:

    >> Please don't tell us what
    >> it is, we know already its Outhouse Express 6.

    > How did you know?

    Perhaps from this bit here:

    From Sun Oct 12 21:05:43 2003
    From: "FrancisC" <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
    Subject: Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?
    Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:46:13 +0800

    how to crosspost?

    "Mike Wahler" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:hUohb.3935$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    (snip)

    > BTW which newsreader am I using?

    Let's see.

    From lid Sun Oct 12 21:05:53 2003
    From: "" <>
    Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:46:44 GMT
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.c

    I couldn't find any such information from your headers, sorry.

    "Stronger, no. More seductive, cunning, crunchier the Dark Side is."
    - Mika P. Nieminen

    Joona I Palaste, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    "" <> wrote:

    >Hello Mark McIntyre,
    >
    >On 11-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please don't tell us what
    >> it is, we know already its Outhouse Express 6.

    >How did you know?

    Probably by inspection of the "X-Newsreader:" field in the header, wich
    isn't present in your post so I can't answer the next question.

    >BTW which newsreader am I using?

    Regards
    --
    Irrwahn
    ()

    Irrwahn Grausewitz, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:46:44 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    "" <> wrote:

    >Hello Mark McIntyre,
    >
    >On 11-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please don't tell us what
    >> it is, we know already its Outhouse Express 6.

    >How did you know?
    >BTW which newsreader am I using?

    Because the headers said so. But you knew that, or you'd not be busy
    munging yours now. Probably XNews or webmail by the way.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 12, 2003
  10. FrancisC

    Guest

    On 13-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:

    > Because the headers said so. But you knew that, or you'd not be busy
    > munging yours now. Probably XNews or webmail by the way.

    Oh! Don't acuse me of munging my headers :)
    All I was trying to say was that you cannot confirm by just seeing the
    headers.

    Now guess where this post originated.
    Answer the X-question ;)

    , Oct 13, 2003
  11. FrancisC

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:17:31 GMT, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Mark McIntyre,
    >
    >On 13-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <> wrote:
    >
    >> Because the headers said so. But you knew that, or you'd not be busy
    >> munging yours now. Probably XNews or webmail by the way.

    >Oh! Don't acuse me of munging my headers :)
    >All I was trying to say was that you cannot confirm by just seeing the
    >headers.
    >
    >Now guess where this post originated.
    >Answer the X-question ;)

    These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Oct 13, 2003
  12. FrancisC

    Guest

    Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    Hello Alan Balmer,

    On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <> wrote:

    > These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

    Your using Agent?
    Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT
    :)

    Done?

    , Oct 13, 2003
  13. FrancisC

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:30:45 GMT, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Alan Balmer,
    >
    >On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <> wrote:
    >
    >> These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

    >Your using Agent?

    Yes. I have no need to hide my newsreader.

    >Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT
    >:)
    >
    >Done?

    Off topic is still off topic, whether identified as such or not.

    You apparently operate on the theory that if I choose to drive on the
    wrong side of the road, it's your responsibility to get out of the
    way.

    Take your silliness elsewhere.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Oct 13, 2003
  14. FrancisC

    Guest

    On 14-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:30:45 GMT, ""
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello Alan Balmer,
    > >
    > >On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

    > >Your using Agent?

    > Yes. I have no need to hide my newsreader.

    Did I ask you whether or not you have any such need?

    > >Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT
    > >:)
    > >
    > >Done?

    > Off topic is still off topic, whether identified as such or not.

    So when the **** did I say its On topic?
    Why don't you get behind
    From: "FrancisC" <>
    ' a*se for not even indicating OT, huh?

    > You apparently operate on the theory that if I choose to drive on the
    > wrong side of the road, it's your responsibility to get out of the
    > way.

    No. And I hate crude analogies, so keep 'em to yer self.

    > Take your silliness elsewhere.

    What's your prob pal? You don't like it you don't read it. You don't own the
    group, do you?
    One more unkind reply from you and you join my killfile.

    You don't like me - put me in your kill file and shut up.

    , Oct 13, 2003
  15. FrancisC

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:52:36 GMT, ""
    <> wrote:

    >You don't like me - put me in your kill file

    Done.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Oct 13, 2003
  16. FrancisC

    Default User Guest

    "" wrote:

    > So when the **** did I say its On topic?
    > Why don't you get behind

    *plonk*

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 13, 2003
  17. FrancisC

    Guest

    Re: [OT]Re: How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

    Hello Alan Balmer,

    On 14-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <> wrote:

    > >You don't like me - put me in your kill file

    > Done.

    Good.

    > --

    And learn how to put a sig separator. It's "-- " don't forget the space.

    Bye.

    , Oct 14, 2003