    how can I implements the function?

    any suggestion is apprecitated.
    thanks very much

    DaVinci, Apr 8, 2006

  2. DaVinci

    ranjmis Guest

    DaVinci wrote:
    > linux debian 2.6.16
    > how can I send the error message to the user by email?
    > such as
    > void sendmail(char* errormsg ,char* email)
    > {
    >
    > }
    >
    > how can I implements the function?
    >
    > any suggestion is apprecitated.
    > thanks very much

    The problem is more related to network programming so better post in
    appropriate group

    <suggestion>
    you need to interact with a SMTP server through your program
    </suggestion>

    ranjmis, Apr 8, 2006

  3. "DaVinci" <> writes:
    > linux debian 2.6.16
    > how can I send the error message to the user by email?
    > such as
    > void sendmail(char* errormsg ,char* email)
    > {
    >
    > }
    >
    > how can I implements the function?

    There is no portable way to do this. (C implementations exist on
    systems that don't even have networking, let alone e-mail.) You'll
    need to ask in a newsgroup that's specific to your system.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 8, 2006