How can I stop WEBrick running as a daemon

Sam Kong

Hello!

I'm a newbie linux user and I logged in to my web hosting server and
tested rails.
I ran 'ruby script/server -d' (-d means to run as daemon).
Now I don't know how to stop it.
I don't have the root's power.

TIA.

Sam

Lyndon Samson

------=_Part_16206_26049771.1135327241785

Hello!

I'm a newbie linux user and I logged in to my web hosting server and
tested rails.
I ran 'ruby script/server -d' (-d means to run as daemon).
Now I don't know how to stop it.
I don't have the root's power.

You started the process, so you can kill it. If you didn't start it with
nohup it might have died when you logged out anyhow.

Research ps and kill.

TIA.

Matias Surdi

Sam Kong escribi=F3:
Hello!
=20
I'm a newbie linux user and I logged in to my web hosting server and
tested rails.
I ran 'ruby script/server -d' (-d means to run as daemon).
Now I don't know how to stop it.
I don't have the root's power.
=20
TIA.