    Is there any way to determine if they do?
    --
    Charles Stricklin

    Charles Stricklin, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Charles Stricklin

    Jeff Epler Guest

    If you have a shell, it's as simple as typing "python" and seeing if the
    interactive interpreter appears:
    $ python
    Python 2.3.3 (#1, May 7 2004, 10:31:40)
    [GCC 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)] on linux2

    If you've done this, you can find out the path to this Python
    interpreter:
    >>> import sys; print sys.executable

    /usr/bin/python

    Otherwise, the documentation for the 'cgi' module has a buried
    suggestion with the simplest Python CGI program.
    http://docs.python.org/lib/node462.html
    that program would look something like
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import cgi; cgi.test()
    though you must know the correct path to the Python interpreter for this
    to work.

    Your best bet may be to ask your webhost for help---only they know how
    they've (mis)configured your system.

    Jeff

    Jeff Epler, Feb 15, 2005