How can I type in input to a perl pgm that is either invisible ormasked - i.e., for a password

kquirici

The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

Horst-W. Radners

kquirici schrieb am 08.06.2012 19:11:
The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.

perldoc -q password

==> use Term::ReadKey

HTH, Horst

Dave Saville

The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Well "perl input password" in google might be a good starting point
:)

kquirici

Well "perl input password" in google might be a good starting point
:)

It WAS a good starting point. In fact there was a nice sample of code for
the MAC which is where I'm working.

Thx (and to Horst since the code sample uses Term::Readkey

Regards,

Ken