    Any help MUCH appreciated.

    Regards,

    Ken
    kquirici, Jun 8, 2012

  2. Re: How can I type in input to a perl pgm that is either invisibleor masked - i.e., for a password

    kquirici schrieb am 08.06.2012 19:11:
    > The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.

    perldoc -q password

    ==> use Term::ReadKey

    HTH, Horst
    --
    <remove S P A M 2x from my email address to get the real one>
    Horst-W. Radners, Jun 8, 2012

  3. kquirici

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:11:12 UTC, kquirici <> wrote:

    > The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.
    >
    > Any help MUCH appreciated.

    Well "perl input password" in google might be a good starting point
    :)

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Jun 8, 2012
  4. kquirici

    kquirici Guest

    On Friday, June 8, 2012 2:15:48 PM UTC-4, Dave Saville wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:11:12 UTC, kquirici <> wrote:
    >
    > > The subject pretty much says it all. I want to write a perl program that accepts typed-in input except that the input is invisible or masked.
    > >
    > > Any help MUCH appreciated.
    > >

    > Well "perl input password" in google might be a good starting point
    > :)
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Dave Saville

    It WAS a good starting point. In fact there was a nice sample of code for
    the MAC which is where I'm working.

    Thx (and to Horst since the code sample uses Term::Readkey

    Regards,

    Ken
    kquirici, Jun 8, 2012