how can I use modules without installation?

À±ÂùÈ£

hi~

I want to use module in linux.

but I can't install modules.

in telnet I trying to install modules , but 'make' command is not allowed to
me.

I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.

I try to insert directory which is containing module files to @INC.

but I failed.

I had read article about this problem in somewhere , but I can't remember it
clearly.

how can I using modules in this situation?

and Time::HiRes modules is possible?

-------------------------------------
Widewings Company, Korea.
Tel : +82-52-900-9888
Fax : +82-52-261-9750
Cellphone : +82-17-5738281
Email : (e-mail address removed)

Kjetil Skotheim

hi~
I want to use module in linux.
but I can't install modules.
in telnet I trying to install modules , but 'make' command is not allowed
to me. I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.

I try to insert directory which is containing module files to @INC.
but I failed.

I had read article about this problem in somewhere , but I can't remember
it clearly.

how can I using modules in this situation?
and Time::HiRes modules is possible?

Have you tried:

tar xvf tarball.tar (or tar zxvf tarball.tgz)
cd thenewdirectory
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=foo
make test
make install PREFIX=bar

Where you replace foo and bar with names of directories that you own.
For example:
echo $HOME (should see full path to you home direcory now)
mkdir $HOME/myperl
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME/myperl

....or maybe use PREFIX only in make install, not in perl Makefile.PL
(I dont remember). I think not all modules can be installed this way,
but many can. Even modules that depends on C-compilation if you have
correct access to that compilator.

Charlton Wilbur

À±ÂùÈ£ said:
hi~

I want to use module in linux. but I can't install modules.
I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.

Suggestion #1: perldoc -q 'my own module'

Suggestion #2: talk to a system administrator.

Charlton