how can I use modules without installation?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by À±ÂùÈ£, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. À±ÂùÈ£

    À±ÂùÈ£ Guest

    hi~

    I want to use module in linux.

    but I can't install modules.

    in telnet I trying to install modules , but 'make' command is not allowed to
    me.

    I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.

    I try to insert directory which is containing module files to @INC.

    but I failed.

    I had read article about this problem in somewhere , but I can't remember it
    clearly.

    how can I using modules in this situation?

    and Time::HiRes modules is possible?

    -------------------------------------
    Widewings Company, Korea.
    Tel : +82-52-900-9888
    Fax : +82-52-261-9750
    Cellphone : +82-17-5738281
    Email :

    À±ÂùÈ£, Aug 1, 2003

  2. On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:12:02 +0900, À±ÂùÈ£ <> wrote:

    > hi~
    > I want to use module in linux.
    > but I can't install modules.
    > in telnet I trying to install modules , but 'make' command is not allowed
    > to me. I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.
    >
    > I try to insert directory which is containing module files to @INC.
    > but I failed.
    >
    > I had read article about this problem in somewhere , but I can't remember
    > it clearly.
    >
    > how can I using modules in this situation?
    > and Time::HiRes modules is possible?

    Have you tried:

    tar xvf tarball.tar (or tar zxvf tarball.tgz)
    cd thenewdirectory
    perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=foo
    make test
    make install PREFIX=bar

    Where you replace foo and bar with names of directories that you own.
    For example:
    echo $HOME (should see full path to you home direcory now)
    mkdir $HOME/myperl
    perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME/myperl

    ....or maybe use PREFIX only in make install, not in perl Makefile.PL
    (I dont remember). I think not all modules can be installed this way,
    but many can. Even modules that depends on C-compilation if you have
    correct access to that compilator.

    --
    Kjetil Skotheim

    Kjetil Skotheim, Aug 1, 2003

  3. "À±ÂùÈ£" <> writes:

    > hi~
    >
    > I want to use module in linux. but I can't install modules.

    > I'm not administrator, I have normal user account.

    Suggestion #1: perldoc -q 'my own module'

    Suggestion #2: talk to a system administrator.

    Charlton

    Charlton Wilbur, Aug 1, 2003