.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ?

Hardy

1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
5.0....I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
server in the internet.for that i want to know how can we access it
from the mobile and how can we send it to a
servlet.whether netbeans supports this feature.Please send me the
code if any.
2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
make it available on mobile.

ali

Hardy said:
1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
5.0....I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
server in the internet.for that i want to know how can we access it
from the mobile and how can we send it to a
servlet.whether netbeans supports this feature.Please send me the
code if any.
2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
make it available on mobile.

i have seen this long time ago its support on newer mobiles ( at that
time ) and it uses a kind of protocol such as file://

but i am not sure what exactly it was

hope guys around will help you much better than i tried to

Hardy

time ) and it uses a kind of protocol such as file://

but i am not sure what exactly it was

hope guys around will help you much better than i tried to

If anyone knows about it please help me.....

Andrew Thompson

1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ..
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Is this sentence of yours, supposed to be a question?
If so, please add a '?' to the end.

Assuming it is a question, I doubt it can be done
unless the code is signed and trusted.*

The same way you would do it for Eclipse (or NotePad,
or TextPad..). That is, write Java (2ME) code that
achieves the desired goal.

* Which is why the code needs to be signed
(by you) and trusted (by the user). It would
be a big security hole if you could get access
to files on the user's phone, simply by getting
them to download the midlet.

As soon as you send the money.

To put that another way. This is not a
help desk, it is a discussion forum.
If anyone knows about it please help me.....

Please fix your sticky '.' key.

A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
of each sentence. Always start each sentence with
a Capital Letter. End questions with a question mark.
These things help the reader, and thereby attract more,
and better, replies.

Andrew T.

Hardy

If so, please add a '?' to the end.

Assuming it is a question, I doubt it can be done
unless the code is signed and trusted.*

or TextPad..). That is, write Java (2ME) code that
achieves the desired goal.

(by you) and trusted (by the user). It would
be a big security hole if you could get access
to files on the user's phone, simply by getting
them to download the midlet.

To put that another way. This is not a
help desk, it is a discussion forum.

A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
of each sentence. Always start each sentence with
a Capital Letter. End questions with a question mark.
These things help the reader, and thereby attract more,
and better, replies.

Andrew T.

Ok sir .

1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
5.0?I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
visualMidlet.Now i have to access the mobile file system to send the
files stored inside mobile to a server in the internet.for that i want
to know how can we access it
from the mobile and how can we send it to a servlet.whether netbeans
supports this feature?.Please send me the code if any.
2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
make it available on mobile?

erka

Lew

Andrew said:
A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
of each sentence.

Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space after
each sentence. I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts, emails, &c.

- Lew

Andrew Thompson

Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space after
each sentence. I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts, emails, &c.

(chuckle) I'll leave that for the 'second level
support team'.

The 'first level support team' is more concerned
with getting 'one or more' spaces between the
end of one sentence, and the start of another
(& I think 2 spaces serves the purpose of
defining a *visual* gap, better).

Andrew T.

Chris Uppal

Lew said:
Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space
after each sentence.

Do you happen to have any kind of reference for that ?

The only time I've seen such a claim (sorry, I can't remember where) was
several years ago when someone (or some organisation) who should have known
better advised against double-spacing sentences on the ground that modern
typefaces adjusted the ' ' after a '.' to make the inter-sentential gap larger
automatically. Since I know of no typeface that does that, and since
typographically inept, but widely used, software like MS Word doesn't do it for
you either (or didn't at the time), I rejected the claim.

I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts,
emails, &c.

I don't...

(BTW, since Lew and I use words and punctuation is quite similar ways apart
from that (and leaving aside my addiction to parenthetical qualifications such
as this), the interested reader will be able to compare our postings, and judge
for themselves which is most effective ;-)

-- chris

Chris Uppal

Lew said:

That's rather an odd page -- the author doesn't seem to realise that (s)he's
conflating two different meanings of the <space> key. It can be an instruction
to the computer: insert a space character (0x20) at this point, display it as a
character from the font in use at that position. Or it can be an instruction
to the computer: the preceding and following entities should be separated by
whitespace according the typographic rules you are implementing.

In the latter interpretation, which is how it applies in input to troff or
[La]TeX, and arguably is what it means in HTML source, and definitely what it
would mean to any true text preparation system[*], it would be absurd to try to
control the layout by double-spacing. Just as it would be absurd to use <p><p>
to put a double blank line between paragraphs in rendered HTML. (In the
non-WYSIWYG applications, like troff, it might be a good idea to double-space
sentences /anyway/, but not as an instruction to the typesetting program, but
to make the input text easier to read -- which is a separate point).

([*] By "true text preparation system" I mean that (amongst other things) it
should be able to lay text out with typographical sensitivity. I'm not sure
whether MS Word can be counted as such, although it certainly /ought/ to be.)

In NNTP postings or in any "dumb" text widget, just as with text hand-typed on
a typewriter, the opposite interpretation is in play. So the number of spaces
entered will directly affect the reader (unless the reader is able to
filter/reformat the text in some way to suit his own tastes). Different
proposition...

-- chris