.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Hardy, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Hardy

    Hardy Guest

    1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
    5.0....I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    server in the internet.for that i want to know how can we access it
    from the mobile and how can we send it to a
    servlet.whether netbeans supports this feature.Please send me the
    code if any.
    2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
    make it available on mobile.
    Hardy, Jan 23, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Hardy

    ali Guest

    Hardy wrote:
    > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
    > 5.0....I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    > mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    > server in the internet.for that i want to know how can we access it
    > from the mobile and how can we send it to a
    > servlet.whether netbeans supports this feature.Please send me the
    > code if any.
    > 2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
    > make it available on mobile.


    i have seen this long time ago its support on newer mobiles ( at that
    time ) and it uses a kind of protocol such as file://


    but i am not sure what exactly it was

    hope guys around will help you much better than i tried to
    ali, Jan 23, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Hardy

    Hardy Guest

    On Jan 23, 7:59 pm, "ali" <> wrote:
    > Hardy wrote:
    > > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
    > > 5.0....I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    > > mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    > > server in the internet.for that i want to know how can we access it
    > > from the mobile and how can we send it to a
    > > servlet.whether netbeans supports this feature.Please send me the
    > > code if any.
    > > 2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
    > > make it available on mobile.i have seen this long time ago its support on newer mobiles ( at that

    > time ) and it uses a kind of protocol such as file://
    >
    > but i am not sure what exactly it was
    >
    > hope guys around will help you much better than i tried to









    If anyone knows about it please help me.....
    Hardy, Jan 24, 2007
    #3
  4. On Jan 24, 3:37 pm, "Hardy" <> wrote:
    ...
    > > Hardy wrote:
    > > > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ..


    Is this sentence of yours, supposed to be a question?
    If so, please add a '?' to the end.

    Assuming it is a question, I doubt it can be done
    unless the code is signed and trusted.*

    > > > ...in netbeans 5.0....


    The same way you would do it for Eclipse (or NotePad,
    or TextPad..). That is, write Java (2ME) code that
    achieves the desired goal.

    > > > I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > > > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    > > > mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    > > > server in the internet.


    * Which is why the code needs to be signed
    (by you) and trusted (by the user). It would
    be a big security hole if you could get access
    to files on the user's phone, simply by getting
    them to download the midlet.

    > > > ..Please send me the code if any.


    As soon as you send the money.

    To put that another way. This is not a
    help desk, it is a discussion forum.

    > If anyone knows about it please help me.....


    Please fix your sticky '.' key.

    A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    of each sentence. Always start each sentence with
    a Capital Letter. End questions with a question mark.
    These things help the reader, and thereby attract more,
    and better, replies.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Jan 24, 2007
    #4
  5. Hardy

    Hardy Guest

    On Jan 24, 11:00 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > On Jan 24, 3:37 pm, "Hardy" <> wrote:
    > ..
    >
    > > > Hardy wrote:
    > > > > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ..Is this sentence of yours, supposed to be a question?

    > If so, please add a '?' to the end.
    >
    > Assuming it is a question, I doubt it can be done
    > unless the code is signed and trusted.*
    >
    > > > > ...in netbeans 5.0....The same way you would do it for Eclipse (or NotePad,

    > or TextPad..). That is, write Java (2ME) code that
    > achieves the desired goal.
    >
    > > > > I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > > > > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    > > > > mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    > > > > server in the internet.* Which is why the code needs to be signed

    > (by you) and trusted (by the user). It would
    > be a big security hole if you could get access
    > to files on the user's phone, simply by getting
    > them to download the midlet.
    >
    > > > > ..Please send me the code if any.As soon as you send the money.

    >
    > To put that another way. This is not a
    > help desk, it is a discussion forum.
    >
    > > If anyone knows about it please help me.....Please fix your sticky '.' key.

    >
    > A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    > of each sentence. Always start each sentence with
    > a Capital Letter. End questions with a question mark.
    > These things help the reader, and thereby attract more,
    > and better, replies.
    >
    > Andrew T.


    Ok sir .


    1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
    5.0?I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    visualMidlet.Now i have to access the mobile file system to send the
    files stored inside mobile to a server in the internet.for that i want
    to know how can we access it
    from the mobile and how can we send it to a servlet.whether netbeans
    supports this feature?.Please send me the code if any.
    2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
    make it available on mobile?
    Hardy, Jan 24, 2007
    #5
  6. Hardy

    erka Guest

    There are many articles at developers.sun.com. Why do you not use this
    resources? For example,

    About file and filesystem
    http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/apis/articles/fileconnection/

    About http connection and other
    http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/midp/articles/midp2network/

    Some other articles which could help you
    http://www.microjava.com/articles/techtalk/understanding?PageNo=2
    http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=131116&seqNum=7&rl=1




    On Jan 24, 11:21 am, "Hardy" <> wrote:
    > On Jan 24, 11:00 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Jan 24, 3:37 pm, "Hardy" <> wrote:
    > > ..

    >
    > > > > Hardy wrote:
    > > > > > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME ..Is this sentence of yours, supposed to be a question?

    > > If so, please add a '?' to the end.

    >
    > > Assuming it is a question, I doubt it can be done
    > > unless the code is signed and trusted.*

    >
    > > > > > ...in netbeans 5.0....The same way you would do it for Eclipse (or NotePad,

    > > or TextPad..). That is, write Java (2ME) code that
    > > achieves the desired goal.

    >
    > > > > > I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > > > > > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the
    > > > > > mobile file system to send the files stored inside mobile to a
    > > > > > server in the internet.* Which is why the code needs to be signed

    > > (by you) and trusted (by the user). It would
    > > be a big security hole if you could get access
    > > to files on the user's phone, simply by getting
    > > them to download the midlet.

    >
    > > > > > ..Please send me the code if any.As soon as you send the money.

    >
    > > To put that another way. This is not a
    > > help desk, it is a discussion forum.

    >
    > > > If anyone knows about it please help me.....Please fix your sticky '.' key.

    >
    > > A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    > > of each sentence. Always start each sentence with
    > > a Capital Letter. End questions with a question mark.
    > > These things help the reader, and thereby attract more,
    > > and better, replies.

    >
    > > Andrew T.Ok sir .

    >
    > 1.How can we access the mobile file system using J2ME in netbeans
    > 5.0?I have created a j2me application in netbeans 5.0 using
    > visualMidlet.Now i have to access the mobile file system to send the
    > files stored inside mobile to a server in the internet.for that i want
    > to know how can we access it
    > from the mobile and how can we send it to a servlet.whether netbeans
    > supports this feature?.Please send me the code if any.
    > 2.How can we send the file from a servlet to a mobile and how can we
    > make it available on mobile?
    erka, Jan 24, 2007
    #6
  7. Hardy

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    > of each sentence.


    Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space after
    each sentence. I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts, emails, &c.

    - Lew
    Lew, Jan 24, 2007
    #7
  8. On Jan 25, 9:55 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    > > of each sentence.

    ....
    > Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space after
    > each sentence. I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts, emails, &c.


    (chuckle) I'll leave that for the 'second level
    support team'.

    The 'first level support team' is more concerned
    with getting 'one or more' spaces between the
    end of one sentence, and the start of another
    (& I think 2 spaces serves the purpose of
    defining a *visual* gap, better).

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Jan 25, 2007
    #8
  9. Hardy

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > > A couple of other tips. Place two spaces at the end
    > > of each sentence.

    >
    > Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space
    > after each sentence.


    Do you happen to have any kind of reference for that ?

    The only time I've seen such a claim (sorry, I can't remember where) was
    several years ago when someone (or some organisation) who should have known
    better advised against double-spacing sentences on the ground that modern
    typefaces adjusted the ' ' after a '.' to make the inter-sentential gap larger
    automatically. Since I know of no typeface that does that, and since
    typographically inept, but widely used, software like MS Word doesn't do it for
    you either (or didn't at the time), I rejected the claim.


    > I routinely use that now for newsgroup posts,
    > emails, &c.


    I don't...

    (BTW, since Lew and I use words and punctuation is quite similar ways apart
    from that (and leaving aside my addiction to parenthetical qualifications such
    as this), the interested reader will be able to compare our postings, and judge
    for themselves which is most effective ;-)

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Jan 25, 2007
    #9
  10. Hardy

    Lew Guest

    Lew wrote:
    >> Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one space
    >> after each sentence.


    Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Do you happen to have any kind of reference for that ?


    http://www.mla.org/style/style_faq/style_faq3

    - Lew
    Lew, Jan 25, 2007
    #10
  11. Hardy

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > > > Actually, modern orthography, especially on computer, accepts one
    > > > space after each sentence.

    >
    > Chris Uppal wrote:
    > > Do you happen to have any kind of reference for that ?

    >
    > http://www.mla.org/style/style_faq/style_faq3


    Thanks for the link

    But... Ugh. Bloody US typographical inanity again.

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Jan 30, 2007
    #11
  12. Hardy

    Lew Guest

    Lew wrote:
    >>>> Actually, modern orthography,


    I should have said typography.

    >>>> especially on computer, accepts one space after each sentence.


    Chris Uppal wrote:
    >>> Do you happen to have any kind of reference for that ?


    Lew wrote:
    >> http://www.mla.org/style/style_faq/style_faq3


    Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Thanks for the link
    >
    > But... Ugh. Bloody US typographical inanity again.


    There were quite a few links, actually, but the MLA seemed reasonably
    authoritative.

    Wikipedia:
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop#Spacing_after_full_stop>

    - Lew
    Lew, Jan 31, 2007
    #12
  13. Hardy

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > Wikipedia:
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop#Spacing_after_full_stop>


    That's rather an odd page -- the author doesn't seem to realise that (s)he's
    conflating two different meanings of the <space> key. It can be an instruction
    to the computer: insert a space character (0x20) at this point, display it as a
    character from the font in use at that position. Or it can be an instruction
    to the computer: the preceding and following entities should be separated by
    whitespace according the typographic rules you are implementing.

    In the latter interpretation, which is how it applies in input to troff or
    [La]TeX, and arguably is what it means in HTML source, and definitely what it
    would mean to any true text preparation system[*], it would be absurd to try to
    control the layout by double-spacing. Just as it would be absurd to use <p><p>
    to put a double blank line between paragraphs in rendered HTML. (In the
    non-WYSIWYG applications, like troff, it might be a good idea to double-space
    sentences /anyway/, but not as an instruction to the typesetting program, but
    to make the input text easier to read -- which is a separate point).

    ([*] By "true text preparation system" I mean that (amongst other things) it
    should be able to lay text out with typographical sensitivity. I'm not sure
    whether MS Word can be counted as such, although it certainly /ought/ to be.)

    In NNTP postings or in any "dumb" text widget, just as with text hand-typed on
    a typewriter, the opposite interpretation is in play. So the number of spaces
    entered will directly affect the reader (unless the reader is able to
    filter/reformat the text in some way to suit his own tastes). Different
    proposition...

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Feb 5, 2007
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. robin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    847
    robin
    Jul 20, 2003
  2. Chris
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    4,479
    alexvesp123
    Sep 19, 2008
  3. Timo Nentwig
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    5,170
    Darryl L. Pierce
    Aug 6, 2006
  4. Juls
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,702
  5. chen selina
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,248
    chen selina
    Jul 13, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page