how child form force itself to be opened in new web browser window

zhuang

Hi,

I am creating a web application, which is called by another web
application. My web application should be opened in the new window,
however, the caller does not deal with this, and we could not change
the way it does.

I know how to open a new window from parent window, however, would it
be possible to enforce this at child form side? I am not very familar
with html.

Thanks

zhuang

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

there are two ways to open a webpage in a child window.

1) in the anchor specify a traget

2) use client script

window</a>

in either case, the parent page must request the child window. if the parent
page link to you site, and does not specify a target, your page replaces
theirs in the browser.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

zhuang

Thanks, I just want to confirm open new browser should be done at
parent page, rather than child page. Thanks for your support.