    rules for this.

    how can i get the web users ip address in my page?

    --

    James, Feb 5, 2004

  2. James

    Ray at Guest

    Because the requests are coming from your ISA server, in a sense. Just
    like, my computer's IP is 192.168.0.125, but if I go to your site, you'll
    see it as 38.38.39.92 or whatever the Internet IP of my router is. Unless
    ISA server has some functionality in which it can pass the IP along with the
    HTTP request to your server, there isn't a way for your server to see the
    actual IP address of the client machine.

    --

    Ray at home
    Microsoft ASP MVP

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > how come when my web server asp page returns the users ip address it

    returns
    > my local isa proxy servers ip address instead? for example:
    > <HTML>
    > <%Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")%>
    > </HTML>
    >
    > i have multiple web servers behind my isa server. that route the user by

    the
    > sub domain i.e. http://subdomain.mydomain.com http://myother.mydomain.com
    > i only have 1 external static ip address to use. i use isa's web

    publishing

    Ray at, Feb 5, 2004

  3. James

    James Guest

    do you know of a way to configure my isa server that way?

    James, Feb 5, 2004
  4. James

    Ray at Guest

    See an ISA group. There are a number of them. microsoft.public.isa[.*]

    --

    Ray at home
    Microsoft ASP MVP

    Ray at, Feb 5, 2004