How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltip contents has to be determine @ run-time !

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Radu, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. Radu

    Radu Guest

    Hi.

    1. OnLoad I populate a <select... html control with the doc files in
    some folder.

    2. The user selects one of the files in the combo, and

    3. In an IFRAME I show a preview of the selected word document.

    All those word docs also have lots of custom properties I would like to
    show somehow. I have a function which reads them nicely, and I can see
    them in a multiline text-box - problem is that there's no more
    real-estate on the screen for the text-box (I want to reserve as much
    space as possible for the preview in the IFRAME), so I'd like to create
    a tooltip (JSCRIPT, maybe) which I could populate at run time with the
    result of my function (the custom properties) and attach that
    multi-line tooltip to the iframe.

    Do you have any ideas ?

    (PS. Also, the IFRAME has no onMouseover, onMouseout events !)

    Thank you very much !
    Alex.
    Radu, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Radu

    Bruce Barker Guest

    Re: How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltipcontents has to be determine @ run-time !

    Put the iframe in a div and attach the javascript to the div.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    On 1/8/07 7:57 AM, in article
    , "Radu"

    Bruce Barker, Jan 8, 2007