How do I add 1 hour to a time\date stamp (using Now())?

Brave

Hello all,

I have an ASP form with a form field that populates the current date
by using the following:

<%=Now()%>

The problem is that the server is located in a eastern time zone and
the users are 1 hour ahead.

How can I add 1 hour to that field. I assume <%=Now() + 1%> would add
an entire day.

Can someone offer an example of the correct way to accomplish this?

Thanks so much!!

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brave <[email protected]>
writing in @v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com:
Hello all,

I have an ASP form with a form field that populates the current date
by using the following:

<%=Now()%>

The problem is that the server is located in a eastern time zone and
the users are 1 hour ahead.

How can I add 1 hour to that field. I assume <%=Now() + 1%> would add
an entire day.

Can someone offer an example of the correct way to accomplish this?

Thanks so much!!

atthetonethetimewillbe = dateadd("h",1,now())

However, the important thing here is what time the data goes into your
server. Probably best thing to do would to convert the time to UTC or
GMT.

Evertjan.

Adrienne Boswell wrote on 25 jul 2009 in
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brave <[email protected]>
writing in @v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com:

atthetonethetimewillbe = dateadd("h",1,now())

However, the important thing here is what time the data goes into your
server. Probably best thing to do would to convert the time to UTC or
GMT.

good advice!

============================
<% ' vbscript assumed
NowUTC = DateAdd("h", TimezoneOffset, Now)
%>

<script language='javascript' runat='server'>
var TimezoneOffset = new Date().getTimezoneOffset()/60;
</script>

Assuming the timezoneoffset of the server is correctly set,
but that will show at the first try.

Brave

--
Evertjan.