    email to the user with a link to a page to upload an image as an
    avatar. It would be nice to have the email so that I can associate the
    avatar with that email. How can I do this? Thank you.
    Zeynel, Dec 5, 2010

  2. Zeynel

    alex23 Guest

    Re: How do I get the email address of the person who clicked the linkin the email?

    On Dec 5, 10:15 am, Zeynel <> wrote:
    > I am working with Google App Engine python version. The app sends an
    > email to the user with a link to a page to upload an image as an
    > avatar. It would be nice to have the email so that I can associate the
    > avatar with that email. How can I do this? Thank you.

    One approach would be to assign a unique identifier to the email
    address, then include that identifier as a parameter in the link that
    allows for image uploading: http://your.site.tld/avatar/upload/<unique_id>
    (for eg)

    Then the upload process can get the ID from the path and identify the
    email address with which the image is associated.
    alex23, Dec 6, 2010