    Srinu Guest

    How do i hide status bar in firefox using java script only Plz help me
    iam new to this group.

    Srinu, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Srinu

    Lee Guest

    Srinu said:

    >How do i hide status bar in firefox using java script only Plz help me
    >iam new to this group.

    You don't.

    Lee, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Srinu

    Randy Webb Guest

    Srinu said the following on 11/28/2005 11:59 PM:
    > How do i hide status bar in firefox using java script only Plz help me
    > iam new to this group.

    Since you are new to this group you may want to spend the time to read
    the FAQ of this group and search the archives. There is a ton of useful
    information there that will explain to you that you can't do what you
    are asking, why you can't and why you shouldn't.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Srinu

    The Magpie Guest

    Srinu wrote:
    > How do i hide status bar in firefox using java script only Plz help me
    > iam new to this group.

    You may wish to spend a little time with the group FAQ since I suspect
    this very issue is covered there along with many others you may find
    both interesting and helpful.

    As for your current query - you don't. Firefox allows or prevents
    anything you may want to do with the status bar and text. My own set-up
    says "status bar must always be present and must always contain status
    text". That, I am afraid, means you can't touch it - and if you were to
    try, then you would be committing a serious criminal offence in the UK
    which could land you in a British jail cell for up to 14 years!

    In general, assume that either the way to do it is described in
    Javascript itself (look at the ECMAScript pages on W3C) or in the pages
    for the browser (in this case on the Mozilla web page). If it is not
    there, then don't even try.

    The Magpie, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Gérard Talbot, Nov 30, 2005