    Thanks!

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com

    vbMark, Sep 8, 2005

  2. vbMark

    Paul Lalli Guest

    vbMark wrote:
    > I am running my web site on a web host that I don't own or have access to
    > the server itself other than FTP and my control panel.
    >
    > I need to run a perl script from the command line. How do I do this? Do I
    > do something like Telnet in or what?

    If you don't have any access other than FTP, then you don't have Telnet
    access.

    One possibility *might* be to create a CGI script that runs the script
    you actually want to run, capturing and re-displaying the output back
    to the browser. That doesn't seem like the best or most secure idea,
    however.

    This question is really impossible to answer without knowing what the
    webhost is an having a good understanding of their policies. Why
    aren't you asking the webhosting company itself how to get something
    done?

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Sep 8, 2005

  3. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    "Paul Lalli" <> wrote in

    > vbMark wrote:
    >> I am running my web site on a web host that I don't own or have
    >> access to the server itself other than FTP and my control panel.
    >>
    >> I need to run a perl script from the command line. How do I do this?
    >> Do I do something like Telnet in or what?

    > If you don't have any access other than FTP, then you don't have
    > Telnet access.
    >
    > One possibility *might* be to create a CGI script that runs the script
    > you actually want to run, capturing and re-displaying the output back
    > to the browser. That doesn't seem like the best or most secure idea,
    > however.
    >
    > This question is really impossible to answer without knowing what the
    > webhost is an having a good understanding of their policies. Why
    > aren't you asking the webhosting company itself how to get something
    > done?
    >
    > Paul Lalli

    I've not asked my web host as they are historically slow at replying to
    questions. I thought that I could get a quick, simple answer here.

    Thanks though.

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com

    vbMark, Sep 8, 2005
  4. vbMark

    Anno Siegel Guest

    vbMark <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > "Paul Lalli" <> wrote in
    > > vbMark wrote:

    [...]

    > > This question is really impossible to answer without knowing what the
    > > webhost is an having a good understanding of their policies. Why
    > > aren't you asking the webhosting company itself how to get something
    > > done?

    [...].

    > I've not asked my web host as they are historically slow at replying to
    > questions. I thought that I could get a quick, simple answer here.

    Why does that remind me of a lost car key and a street light?

    > Thanks though.

    We love you too.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Sep 9, 2005