How do I send an HTTP form from Java?

furby

I'm using netbeans to develop a small Java application. It consists of
two fields, that I want to be able to submit to a web page (Therefore
simulating the use of the form that would normally be used. This way I
can do some of the prcessing for my app offline... It makes sense,
really.).

How do I do this? I used to write a lot of apps in Java, but I haven't
done much in the language for a few years now. I'm sure there's a
way....

Chris Smith

furby said:
I'm using netbeans to develop a small Java application. It consists of
two fields, that I want to be able to submit to a web page (Therefore
simulating the use of the form that would normally be used. This way I
can do some of the prcessing for my app offline... It makes sense,
really.).

How do I do this? I used to write a lot of apps in Java, but I haven't
done much in the language for a few years now. I'm sure there's a
way....

Google "Jakarta Commons HttpClient"
or, use java.net.URL, but your code will be less clear.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

raavi

Can you explain your problem in detail? actually what do u want ur
project to do? do you want to submit an html form to your servlet?

Chris Smith

[top-posting fixed]

raavi said:
Can you explain your problem in detail? actually what do u want ur
project to do? do you want to submit an html form to your servlet?

It's not my problem. It's furby's problem. Nevertheless, furby was
pretty clear in explaining that this is an application (meaning: not a
servlet) that needs to simulate (meaning: not actually use) an HTML form
submission.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation