How do I set the authentication mode to Windows in asp?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by jannordgreen@gmail.com, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs and
    it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on our
    intranet server.

    I believe the reason is that the instruction

    <authentication mode="Windows" />

    is missing.

    In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
    code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
    http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
    include it.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Jan Nordgreen
    , Mar 31, 2006

  2. Mike Brind Guest

    wrote:
    > I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs and
    > it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on our
    > intranet server.
    >
    > I believe the reason is that the instruction
    >
    > <authentication mode="Windows" />
    >
    > is missing.
    >
    > In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
    > code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
    > http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
    > include it.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,

    This newsgroup id for classic asp. Dotnet is a different technology
    altogether. You would be better off having a chat with the chaps over
    at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Mar 31, 2006

    Mike, thanks for your reply.

    I think the code I got is in classic asp, so I guess this is the right
    group.
    , Mar 31, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs
    > and it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on
    > our intranet server.
    >
    > I believe the reason is that the instruction
    >
    > <authentication mode="Windows" />
    >
    > is missing.
    >
    > In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
    > code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
    > http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
    > include it.

    This is set using IIS Manager. There are no config files in classic asp
    where this can be set.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 31, 2006