How do I set the authentication mode to Windows in asp?

jannordgreen

I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs and
it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on our
intranet server.

I believe the reason is that the instruction

<authentication mode="Windows" />

is missing.

In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
include it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen

Mike Brind

I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs and
it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on our
intranet server.

I believe the reason is that the instruction

<authentication mode="Windows" />

is missing.

In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
include it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

This newsgroup id for classic asp. Dotnet is a different technology
altogether. You would be better off having a chat with the chaps over
at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

jannordgreen

Mike, thanks for your reply.

I think the code I got is in classic asp, so I guess this is the right
group.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I found some code on the Internet that I have modified for my needs
and it works nicely from a localhost, but not when it is sitting on
our intranet server.

I believe the reason is that the instruction

<authentication mode="Windows" />

is missing.

In asp.net I would put this instruction in web.config, but since the
code is in an earlier version of asp (the code is at
http://www.hypergurl.com/verticaltext.html) I don't know how to
include it.
This is set using IIS Manager. There are no config files in classic asp
where this can be set.