How do I stop the web page "flash" when posting a webform?

bill

Is there a setting that will prevent the page "flash" when posting back a
webform that will be populated with data? I just want to update the
controls, not the entire page.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

With server-side controls, a trip to the server and a total refresh of
everything on the page takes place on an update. However, you can minimize
the flash by setting SmartNavigation to true for the page.

A word of warning: SmartNavigation may cause other problems on some pages,
so if the pages start acting up, you'll have to remove SmartNav.

Ken