How do I use multiple siteMaps?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Tom, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Please forgive me if I have posted to the wrong group. I have been reading
    for two days now and everything points to the direction that I can do it but
    I can't get any code to work. I an new to .NET so please forgive my
    ignorance. Simply put I have a site and the navigation is working fine,
    breadcrumb, treeview... Now I just added an "Admin" section (I've got all the
    authentication working) and I want to add a few siteMap items to the treeview
    ONLY if the user has been authenticated. The link to the "Admin" section is
    not public and does not need to be seen by anyone, admin's will know to add
    /admin to the url. What I am trying to do is this:

    Anonymous users will see:

    Item 1
    Item 2
    Item 3

    But Authenticated users I want to see:

    Admin Home
    Admin Item 1
    Admin Item 2
    Item 1
    Item 2
    Item 3

    How do I achieve this? I'm lost, I'm new so lots of code will help!

    Thanks,
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Tom

    Gary Vidal Guest

    You could use the roles attribute on the sitemap
    where you define the roles for each page.
    Or you could use a LoginView control to present the appropriate menus

    --
    Gary Vidal

    Gary Vidal, Jul 24, 2006