how do you describe '#!' in written english?

SHIGETOMI, Takuhiko

quick question.
sorry, this is not a question of Ruby but a more general inquiry.

I'd like to ask you how do you describe '#!' which we always put at the
head of the scripting source code file.
I know that its pronunciation is 'she bang' but am not sure that this
'she bang' would be correct description or not.

--
<name species-designation="5618" default-lang="ja_JP">SHIGETOMI,Takuhiko</name>
<contact medium="email">[email protected]</contact>

James Britt

quick question.
sorry, this is not a question of Ruby but a more general inquiry.

I'd like to ask you how do you describe '#!' which we always put at the
head of the scripting source code file.
I know that its pronunciation is 'she bang' but am not sure that this
'she bang' would be correct description or not.

See The Hacker's Dictionary:

http://www.eps.mcgill.ca/jargon/jargon.html#shebang

James