How do you track down the way to POST a form ?

Telemach

I'm wondering if there is a some kind of a tool or a way to easily
detect the forms and all needed data to later submit using LWP. For
example there is this page :

http://www.ivosoftware.com/ivonaonline.php

Firefox says there is a form but hidden, I can get some data but still
no luck in submitting.
Is it necessary to know all the details ? maybe there is a module that
I can instruct to find a second textarea form, fill with content and
then press a button.

BTW: After you click 'Read Now' a page is responding with mp3 file so
is it possible to get this downloaded via Perl ? or do I have to parse
in search for mp3 link and then wget ?

- Telemach -

Ted Zlatanov

T> I'm wondering if there is a some kind of a tool or a way to easily
T> detect the forms and all needed data to later submit using LWP. For
T> example there is this page :

T> http://www.ivosoftware.com/ivonaonline.php

T> Firefox says there is a form but hidden, I can get some data but still
T> no luck in submitting.
T> Is it necessary to know all the details ? maybe there is a module that
T> I can instruct to find a second textarea form, fill with content and
T> then press a button.

Get the Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar extensions for Firefox. They
will let you track everything you need, both the POST content and the
visual layout of the page (including hidden elements and form fields).

T> BTW: After you click 'Read Now' a page is responding with mp3 file so
T> is it possible to get this downloaded via Perl ? or do I have to parse
T> in search for mp3 link and then wget ?

You can do it either way. With LWP you just need to save the content
(but check the return code to make sure you're not saving an error page).

Ted

Telemach

Get the Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar extensions for Firefox.  They
will let you track everything you need, both the POST content and the
visual layout of the page (including hidden elements and form fields).

Thanks, I will try. Right now I've managed to make use of
LiveHTTPheaders to browse the POST content.

- Telemach -