How does Jython compile python modules that can be used by the JVM?

ChrisW

Hi,

I need a relatively technical answer to the above question - I've
looked through the Jython docs / FAQs and Googled it but to no
avail... if anyone can let me know I'd be most grateful,

Thanks,
Chris

Diez B. Roggisch

ChrisW said:
Hi,

I need a relatively technical answer to the above question - I've
looked through the Jython docs / FAQs and Googled it but to no
avail... if anyone can let me know I'd be most grateful,

The jython mailing list is the better place to ask this.

However, actually this compilation of jython isn't really happening. All
that happens is that a java-proxy is created that delegates the calls to
it's methods to an underlying jython-interpreter-based object.

No bytecode beyond the proxy.

diez