How many threads can be made in an Applet

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sanny, Jul 21, 2007.

  1. Sanny

    Sanny Guest

    I want to create as many Threads as possible but I want to know is
    there any limit to Maximum number of threads possible.

    Say a system has 512 MB RAM.

    Each thread is taking 10 KB

    Can I create 512000/10 = 51200 Threads on that Machine utilizing all
    RAM.

    And if the Threads are at Sleep() can I increase the number till the
    Active threads take up 512 MB RAM.

    And say a Computer is 2.0 Ghz

    My thread takes 10 CPU Cycles So I can make 2* 10^8 Threads Max.

    Is there any other restriction other than Memory and Ghz?

    Bye
    Sanny

    Sanny, Jul 21, 2007

  2. Andrew Thompson, Jul 21, 2007