how session cookie is stored?

jrefactors

There are two cookie types:
1) session cookie.
2) persistent cookie is the same as tracking cookie?

Is that correct?

For windows machine, the files in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Cookies
are all persistent cookie, it doesn't have session cookie?

How session cookies are stored? Session cookie should expire
once the browser is closed.

Please advise. thanks!!

David Dorward

There are two cookie types:
1) session cookie.
2) persistent cookie is the same as tracking cookie?

No, "tracking" describes how the cookie is used.

Session cookies expire when the browser is closed, other cookies last until
the expiry time sent by the server (unless overridden by user preference).
For windows machine, the files in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Cookies

Don't confuse "Windows" with "Internet Explorer". How browsers handle
cookies depends on the browser.
How session cookies are stored?

It doesn't matter (at least from the perspective of any of the groups you
crossposted this too). How the browser keeps track of cookies doesn't
matter, all you need to care about is what data it sends back to the
server.

Matt Silberstein

There are two cookie types:
1) session cookie.
2) persistent cookie is the same as tracking cookie?

Is that correct?

For windows machine, the files in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Cookies
are all persistent cookie, it doesn't have session cookie?

How session cookies are stored? Session cookie should expire
once the browser is closed.

I don't know, but if I were doing it I would not bother to write out a
file that has to be destroyed when I am done. Keep the cookie in
process memory.

--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

Genocide is news | Be A Witness
http://www.beawitness.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"
www.darfurgenocide.org

Save Darfur.org :: Violence and Suffering in Sudan's Darfur Region
http://www.savedarfur.org/

Mr Newbie

As as I am aware, they are stored in the C:\Documents and
Setting\UserName\Cookies directory

HTH