    Does anybody know how to get all the news? my local server just store
    the late news. IF anybody know the google server name, that could
    help. And thanks.
    alex, May 24, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    alex <> wrote:
    : I want to download the archieves of one newsgroup and analyse them?
    :Does anybody know how to get all the news? my local server just store
    :the late news. IF anybody know the google server name, that could
    :help. And thanks.

    Google has multiple servers, and they don't give out nntp feeds
    (at least not casually.) Google also places limits on the number of
    hits that may be generated per query (about 1000.)

    Google does not carry *all* the news. There's a flag you can set
    in your headers (or as the first line of your posting) to cause
    google to ignore the posting.

    Depending how far back you need to go, you might find Supernews
    adequate.
    --
    This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.
    Walter Roberson, May 24, 2004