    is there something I am missing? the app is configured to allow anon
    access. Any help or ideas would be great thanks

    Calvin X

    Calvin X, Oct 5, 2004

  2. It sounds like something is set in IIS to limit access except to the
    localhost. You could get your admin to check for restrictions on IP or host
    names.

    If it is Windows Server 2003 it might be part of the default lockdown that
    needs unlocking.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIENveCBbTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1WUF0=?=, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Calvin X

    Calvin X Guest

    I forgot to mention that this computer has 2 ip addresses assigned to it and
    they are both set to SSL websites. I have added a third ip address and
    assigned the site to this address but it will not respond to that address
    either.

    I removed the win 2003 IE security lockdown but this did not change
    anything. Can still browse from the local host but not from external
    computer

    Calvin X, Oct 5, 2004
  4. You might want to try using just one IP address without SSL until you find
    the issue.

    I wonder if, when you are localhost, IE is passing through your
    administrator authentication but when you are remote, that ticket is not
    available?

    Are there any file access permissions that could be causing this?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIENveCBbTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1WUF0=?=, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Calvin X

    Calvin X Guest

    I installed this application onto a different windows 2003 server that is
    not using SSL and simply changed the port to 81 and the application worked
    from a remote location. My problem is now how do I install a regular
    asp.net application onto a windows 2003 server that currently has two ssl
    enabled websites and only two ip address? I think this is the wrong forum
    for this question though.

    Thanks for the help Ken.

    Calvin X, Oct 5, 2004
  6. How about this. I know you are using Windows 2003 server, which has IIS6, but
    on my IIS5.1, I know there is something called Allow IIS to Control password,
    which actually limits the access from localhost, for the user
    IUSER_MACHINENAME. On my IIS, this property if on Authentication Methods
    popup, which comes when you click Edit button on Directory security. I dont
    know what tabs on IIS6.0. You figure that out. This is just what I think, it
    may not be even right. Let me know if this is true and resolves ur issue.

    Kumar

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VtYXJSZWRkaQ==?=, Oct 5, 2004