how to access the mother class from inside a java nested class

Sebastien

hi,

i have this class called AlphaField extending FormField,
and inside there is a nested class WholeNumberdocument extending PlainDocument.

In the method InsertString(...) i would like to call
the updateStatus(String) method from FormField.

Problem is: super is the PlainDocument not the FormField , of course,
does someone know how i can get to my method?

public class AlphaField extends FormField {

protected class WholeNumberDocument extends PlainDocument {

public void insertString(String str) {

// do some stuff ( sorry it's confidential)

// and then:
// here is my problem:
<the mother class of AlphaField>.updateStatus("turlututu");
// end problem

Michael Borgwardt

Sebastien said:
hi,

i have this class called AlphaField extending FormField,
and inside there is a nested class WholeNumberdocument extending PlainDocument.

In the method InsertString(...) i would like to call
the updateStatus(String) method from FormField.

AlphaField.this.super.updateStatus();