How to activate toolbox items?

rkbnair

How can I make the 'Menu & Toolbars' menu active in the toolbox? Right now I
can see the options, but not been able to select items.

rkbnair

I see that if I'm on a windows project the 'menu and toolbar' option is active.
That means I cannot create a menu for my website using Microsoft built-in
tools.
Is there any alternative for this? I mean to get a dropdown menu in an asp
page?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

Is the certain dropdown items you mentioned built-in ASP.NET control or a
winform control? Generally, in ASP.NET web project, only web project
specific control or components can display in the toolbox.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

rkbnair

It was built for winform control only. I'm looking for a similar control that
can be used for asp.net. I mean both a menu control and a tool bar control.
Is there any control existing for such needs in asp.net

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Rkbnair,

Since winform controls are completely based on different programming
context, they can not be used in ASP.NET web page.

For ASP.NET 2.0, it has added some navigation controls and there is a Menu
control included in it, you can have a look to see whether it can help some:

http://quickstart.developerfusion.co.uk/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/naviga
tion/menu.aspx

From: =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>