    or any command that can direct delete the last line data from XML
    file.....

    thank you....
    zheetee, Aug 4, 2004

  2. (zheetee) writes in article <> dated 4 Aug 2004 08:26:19 -0700:
    >Does anyone know if it is possible to update an XML file from an html
    >page, maybe using javascript. Say, a user can add data that matches
    >tags in the xml.

    Is the XML file stored on the server or on the browser machine?

    If it's the server, you could use a Java servlet to handle a HTML form.
    Javascript is a language built to control browsers, probably no good for
    this.

    >or any command that can direct delete the last line data from XML
    >file.....

    The only way I know of is to read through it all.

    --Keith Lewis klewis {at} mitre.org
    The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.
    Keith A. Lewis, Aug 5, 2004