How to add JavaDoc (Java API) to Eclipse Help system

Hannes Heckner

Is it possbile to have the F1 key show the javadocs for the keyword at
the current cursor position

Thanks
Hannes

Andrew

Hannes Heckner

I just cannot find the place under preferences where to add the
javadoc directory? I found the javadoc command entry but this is
clearly not the spot where to add the javadoc directory, or is it.

Furthermore, is there a location where to add other javadocs (from
custom projects?)

Best regards
Hannes

Brian Skaarup

I just cannot find the place under preferences where to add the
javadoc directory?
Window\Preferences\Java\Installed JREs
Select the JRE
Press Edit
Javadoc URL:
Furthermore, is there a location where to add other javadocs (from
custom projects?)
Properties on your project
Javadoc Location

Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Set the Javadoc location in the properties of the JAR file

Brian Skaarup said:
On 9 Oct 2003 23:23:06 -0700, (Hannes
Heckner) wrote:

>I just cannot find the place under preferences where to add the
>javadoc directory?

Window\Preferences\Java\Installed JREs
Select the JRE
Press Edit
Javadoc URL:

In Eclipse 4.5 Galileo, the place you're looking for is probably under the project's Properties -> Javadoc location, but that's for the generated Javadoc.

Brian Skaarup said:

>Furthermore, is there a location where to add other javadocs (from
>custom projects?)

Properties on your project
Javadoc Location

This is wrong, actually. For 3rd party projects, you need to go to Package Explorer -> References Libraries and access the Properties of the JAR you imported. There, you have a Javadoc Location.

I've just tested this with Apache HttpComponents Client.