How to authenticate on a Windows Domain?

Aaron Fude

Hi,

I'm way out of my element here. I need to teach my java application to
authenticate a user against our Windows Domain. We want security, but
we don't want a double set of logins and passwords. Can this be done
and if yes, where do I begin?

Thanks,

Pavel

Manish Pandit

Hi,

I'm way out of my element here. I need to teach my java application to
authenticate a user against our Windows Domain. We want security, but
we don't want a double set of logins and passwords. Can this be done
and if yes, where do I begin?

Thanks,

Pavel

Kerberos Authentication might be something to look at.

If it is a web-application, this link has a very good reference (I've
used it, and the pointers worked like a charm).

http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TomcatKerberos

-cheers,
Manish

rounner

Hi,

I'm way out of my element here. I need to teach my java application to
authenticate a user against our Windows Domain. We want security, but
we don't want a double set of logins and passwords. Can this be done
and if yes, where do I begin?

Thanks,

Pavel

Easiest way is LDAP. You use standard LDAP authentication. Kerberos
has issues especially if the java computer isn't part of the domain.