    this kind of test?
    Your valuable feedback is appreciated.

    srao
    srao, Sep 26, 2005

  2. srao

    Brian Wakem Guest

    srao wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I want to automate the tests that I perform using a simple command
    > line on RedHat Linux.
    > To create test script do I have to use Perl?

    No. What tests?

    > Also can i use an automated test tool like LoadRunner for performing
    > this kind of test?

    You still haven't said what type of tests you are talking about?

    --
    Brian Wakem
    Brian Wakem, Sep 26, 2005

  3. srao

    srao Guest

    The command line is something like this :
    ../testlines -c1 -p9092283422
    where c1- is a channel number.I can specify many more parametes like -d
    to play a wave file etc.
    So I actually need to automate all the different cases which I have
    come across during testing with different options.

    I am running this on linux.Testlines is a bsh script which has
    options like -c -p etc which i have used in the cmd line.
    So I want some feedback on actually how I can run this kind of test.
    srao, Sep 26, 2005
  4. "srao" <> wrote in

    > The command line is something like this :
    > ./testlines -c1 -p9092283422
    > where c1- is a channel number.I can specify many more parametes like
    > -d to play a wave file etc.
    > So I actually need to automate all the different cases which I have
    > come across during testing with different options.
    >
    > I am running this on linux.Testlines is a bsh script which has
    > options like -c -p etc which i have used in the cmd line.
    > So I want some feedback on actually how I can run this kind of test.

    Please quote an appropriate amount of context when you reply.

    I have a feeling not too many people here can decipher what you are
    asking. This maybe a good time to read the posting guidelines for this
    group.

    There are a bunch of modules with the word 'Test' in their names. You
    might want to see if any of those do anything for you.

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=test&mode=all

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Sep 26, 2005
  5. srao

    srao Guest

    Sorry.

    Well I understand I have to write test scripts(perl?) for an assignment
    which is as follows.

    I run some tests like :
    test phone number validity,
    test if it was a human answer or an answering m/c.
    etc

    I have a main script[ testlines.bsh] which specifies i use following
    parameters for doing following jobs like:
    testlines script.bsh
    -------------------------

    -p9092283422 - i specify phone no here
    -c -i specify the channel no
    -w -play a wave file.......etc

    I give the option on command line mentioning the name of main
    script[testlines] which contains all these parameters like this.......

    ************testlines -c -p9092283422 **************
    etc.............This is the command line testing I am doing which
    prints out results

    So my question is Can i automate the command line test which I am
    doing?For example I have 10 versions of a project and I need to test
    each version before release,
    So can I write a script which can print desired(expected o/p) for the
    command line test i/p?

    Do i need to write write test scripts for various cases like
    incomplete ph number,wrong channel etc... for automating it?
    Can I use perl for writing the scripts ?

    Hope I am clear now.Thanks for all information and guidance

    srao
    srao, Sep 26, 2005
  6. srao

    Guest

    You might look at `perldoc -f Test::Simple` or `perldoc -f Test::More`
    - those may be able to help you.

    --Peter
    peterkayatwork (at) yahoo.com
    , Sep 26, 2005