How to avoid refresh when postback to ASPX

RobGMiller

Using ASP.NET 2.0

Need to simply process incoming postback information without sending
back a reponse.

Client sends HTML from application other than a browser to a page on a
web site. Web Server ASP generates a response page and send it back
which opens the browser on the client.

How to avoid sending back the response page.

Thanks,

RobGMiller.........

Aidy

How to avoid sending back the response page.

You can't. You'll probably have to explain the problem a bit better so that
people can suggest an alternative way.

ThunderMusic

hi,
I'd say, use a custom handler... google for "IHttpHandler" or see msdn on
this subject. there are many exemples of this on the net. Other than that,
you could also use a webservice which would be even simpler and more
scalable...

I hope it helps

ThunderMusic

Patrice

Not sure what you meant ?

If you have a Windows application that sends "data" (not HTML) to a web
server then this is your application that will read the response and will do
whatever it wants. So I'm not sure how you would have a browser opening
automagically...

I'm not sure how you are sending "HTML" (or "data" ?) to the web server. Is
this from a Windows application ? How do you that ? Try System.Net.WebClient
if you want to access a web site from a Windows application...

Patrice

Steve B.

If I've correclty understood your question, you will probably have to deal
with JavaScript to create a request to the server. This request will points
to a custom handler (ashx files are good for that), and since it will be run
from the javascript code, the page won't post back.

Steve

RobGMiller

If I've correclty understood your question, you will probably have to deal
with JavaScript to create a request to the server. This request will points
to a custom handler (ashx files are good for that), and since it will be run
from the javascript code, the page won't post back.

Steve

"RobGMiller" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...

The postback is sent from an email message containing HTML.

& HTMLFormContent & " Record Name: <input name='RecordName' /> <input

When the submit button is clicked from the body of the email, the web
browser opens.

I believe the postback is sent to page.aspx from the client computer
and the browser opens on the client computer as a response to
receiving the dynamic page returned from the server because if
something different than the email html is added to page.aspx this new
html showes up in the browser.

Ideally page.aspx will contain some kind of instruction that will
prevent the server and or ASP.NET from sending it back to the client
and then the web browser will not open or the instruction can be sent
from the client.

Can a web server session be ended with a command from the client for
instance. This could be sent along with the PostBack perhaps.

ThunderMusic

hi,
if I understand your problem well, the e-mail submits a form to the site? I
think the browser does not open because it receives a response... it opens
because you are submitting something, just like if you click on a link in
Outlook. Even if the page at the other end were a pure html, it would do the
same. (as I understand it) So your server can't do anything about it. it's
the client app that must be changed.

I hope it helps

ThunderMusic