How to bind a textbox to a data source

Fred

The problem is that, in VS2003 using web forms, the text control had a
property - "Databinding" that simplified connecting the control to a
datasource. It could be done visually during design and was very simple
to modify.

In VS2005, I want to do the same thing: I want to add a textbox to a
form and then bind it to a datasource, and I want to do it visually,
without having to go to the HTML source and add something like,
text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(HelpDeskDV, "[0].ContactName", "{0}") %>'.

So the question is: how do I assign a datasource to an existing textbox
on a web form?

Regards,
Fred

Riki

Fred said:
The problem is that, in VS2003 using web forms, the text control had a
property - "Databinding" that simplified connecting the control to a
datasource. It could be done visually during design and was very
simple to modify.

In VS2005, I want to do the same thing: I want to add a textbox to a
form and then bind it to a datasource, and I want to do it visually,
without having to go to the HTML source and add something like,
text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(HelpDeskDV, "[0].ContactName", "{0}") %>'.

So the question is: how do I assign a datasource to an existing
textbox on a web form?

See the discussion with the same subject one week ago in this newsgroup.