how to break out of for loop

Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey guys, i am new to vhdl and was working on my projects, i wanted to use a for loop instead of a while loop and try to break out of the loop in case of a particular condition, can anyone let me know how to do it please?

and my friend told me that using a while loop may cause problems while synthesizing, can anyone explain why such a thing happens?

thanks

:)