How to calculate the inverse of normal distribution using "C" ?

PCHOME

Hello,
Given a mean, standard devaition and the CDF value, I would like to
calculate the inverse of a normal distribution.
I found this function "double gsl_cdf_gaussian_Pinv (double P,
double sigma)" in the gsl library, but I do not know how to use it ?
By any chance, any of you have tried this or do you have an example
to help me out.
Thank you for your help and time.

regards.

Jean-Claude Arbaut

The documentation for the library should explain how to use it.

Since that library isn't part of the C language definition comp.lang.c
isn't a good place to discuss it. I'm not sure if there is a specific
newsgroup that covers that library, but it would make sense to pick a
newsgroup which covers the field i.e. where terms like "Standard
Devialtion" and "CDF value" make sense.

Lawrence

I'd suggest sci.math, though it's not aimed at discussing source code.
Or maybe sci.math.num-analysis. I'm not sure if comp.programming would be a
good place.

Lawrence Kirby