How to Call a Javascript within HTML

Larry R Harrison Jr

I have a webpage for showing slideshows. I got the code from

http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/image-slideshow.html

It's very simple, clean-looking, and small-sized.

The only problem--it doesn't start the slideshow when you load it--and it
tends to skip to slide #2. (I thus insert a "blank slide"--basically
"nothing.jpg"--to make up for this.) The person has to click "start" once
the page loads. I'd rather it start automatically.

Seems easy enough--the function that the start button calls--and it calls it
within HTML (not Java)--is a Java function called ap(text). The button calls
it by saying "ap(this.value); I figure I would start it with something like
ap.("name_of_1st_slide"). Problem is, I don't know what code will call it
flat-out once the code loads--without the user having to click any buttons.
That is what I need--the whatever that would go in front of ap.("nameof1st
slide") to flat-out execute it upon loading of the webpage.

Tips?

LRH