How to change the permission for JVM shared memory?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sumant Sankaran, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. I am just wondering whether someone else out here has faced a similar
    issue or may have a solution for this.

    I am launching a java program (jdk 1.5) in linux (redhat 4) and then
    checking the permission of the shared memory using the following
    command

    ipcs -a

    I am seeing a shared memory permission of 777

    ------ Shared Memory Segments --------
    key shmid owner perms bytes
    nattch status
    0x00000000 58884100 <my user id> 777 614400
    2 dest

    How do I go about altering the permissions of the shared memory? Is
    there any option/workaround that I should be using ?

    Thanks
    Sumant
    Sumant Sankaran, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Sumant  Sankaran

    Hugo Guest

    On Mar 27, 7:02 am, Sumant Sankaran <> wrote:
    > I am just wondering whether someone else out here has faced a similar
    > issue or may have a solution for this.
    >
    > I am launching a java program (jdk 1.5) in linux (redhat 4) and then
    > checking the permission of the shared memory using the following
    > command
    >
    > ipcs -a
    >
    > I am seeing a shared memory permission of 777
    >
    > ------ Shared Memory Segments --------
    > key shmid owner perms bytes
    > nattch status
    > 0x00000000 58884100 <my user id> 777 614400
    > 2 dest
    >
    > How do I go about altering the permissions of the shared memory? Is
    > there any option/workaround that I should be using ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sumant

    Try looking at http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/C/node27.html; the link was
    helpful when I was dabbling in shared memory earlier this year.
    Hugo, Mar 28, 2008