    Name, IP Address information and passing it back to the server for validation
    control.

    How can I achieve it in Jscript?

    Kam, Aug 4, 2005

  2. You only have access to what is offered in the servervariables collection.

    Do yourself a favor and run this script:

    <%
    For Each x In Request.ServerVariables
    Response.Write "<hr>" & x & "<br>" & Request.ServerVariables(x)
    Next
    %>

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Aug 4, 2005

  3. Kam

    Kam Guest

    Re: How to collect the UserID, Client Machine Name, IP address inf

    all the variables are empty.
    I think you want me to use LOGON_USER.
    but none of the server variable are non empty

    pls help

    Kam, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Re: How to collect the UserID, Client Machine Name, IP address inf

    > all the variables are empty.

    Every single ServerVariable value is empty? I find this very hard to
    believe.

    > I think you want me to use LOGON_USER.

    If you need LOGON_USER, you need to disable anonymous access on the web site
    and require windows authentication.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Aug 5, 2005