How to connect python and Mysql?

praba kar

Dear All,

I am using python2.4 and Mysql 4.0.20. Now I am
want to connect python and mysql. I have problem to
install Mysql-python-1.2.0 interface into my machine.
When I try to install this interface the following
error restrict to install fully.

/System/Links/Executables/ld: cannot find
-lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So If anybody knows regarding this kindly mail me

regards
PRabahar

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages
Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com

bruno modulix

praba said:
Dear All,

I am using python2.4 and Mysql 4.0.20. Now I am
want to connect python and mysql. I have problem to
install Mysql-python-1.2.0 interface into my machine.
When I try to install this interface the following
error restrict to install fully.

/System/Links/Executables/ld: cannot find
-lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is not a Python problem, but what...

Your linker doesn't find the librairy libmysqlclient_r.so. Check if this
lib is installed on your system, and if yes if it's located somewhere
where your linker can find it.
So If anybody knows regarding this kindly mail me
post on usenet, get the answer on usenet !-)

HTH