    Thanks in advance.
    Rabi

    , Aug 8, 2006

  2. Moiristo Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i am connecting to an instance of oracle database from my UNIX tomcat
    > server.Now i want to connect to another instance of the database server
    > from the same UNIX server. so i modified the server.xml file of the
    > tomcat server accordingly. but still i am not able to connect to the
    > new instance of the database server from UNIX server.
    > I tried connecting to the new database server from my local Windows
    > system and it was successful. Can u please let me know whethere apart
    > from the server.xml, do i need to change any other file. please put
    > some light on this issue.

    Usually not. Do you want to specify a second datasource or have you
    modified the data of the existing datasource? It could be that there is
    a context.xml-file in the META-INF directory within your webapp, which
    may contain the datasource and may thus overwrite the datasource
    settings specified in server.xml. Also, be sure to restart the
    tomcat-server as much as possible :D

    Moiristo, Aug 8, 2006

    Thanks Moiristo,
    But there is no context.xml in my webapps directory.
    Moiristo wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > i am connecting to an instance of oracle database from my UNIX tomcat
    > > server.Now i want to connect to another instance of the database server
    > > from the same UNIX server. so i modified the server.xml file of the
    > > tomcat server accordingly. but still i am not able to connect to the
    > > new instance of the database server from UNIX server.
    > > I tried connecting to the new database server from my local Windows
    > > system and it was successful. Can u please let me know whethere apart
    > > from the server.xml, do i need to change any other file. please put
    > > some light on this issue.

    > Usually not. Do you want to specify a second datasource or have you
    > modified the data of the existing datasource? It could be that there is
    > a context.xml-file in the META-INF directory within your webapp, which
    > may contain the datasource and may thus overwrite the datasource
    > settings specified in server.xml. Also, be sure to restart the
    > tomcat-server as much as possible :D

    , Aug 9, 2006